A Guide To Great Kitchen Cabinets And Countertops
Are your kitchen cabinets and counter tops an eye sore? Or maybe plain jane? Do you have a kitchen which looks very clean and organized but when the cabinets open all the things inside start tumbling out? Do you have a new house that needs a handsome kitchen to go along with it? Once of the main focus in planning the interiors of the house is the kitchen. This area is always given much consideration since a lot of important things are done in the kitchen. So you need to look at your concept very well looking particularly on budget and over all look.
Before you buy or have your kitchen cabinets and counter tops done the way you like consider a few things such as:
– How small or huge is my area for the kitchen?
– Do I need a lot of cabinets?
– What will I put inside the cabinets (so you will know what kind of cabinet organizers to put inside)
– Should I consider high end materials?
– What main colors and theme will I want to use for my kitchen?
– Will I be cooking a lot here? Or will just be heating a lot of frozen items in the microwave?
– How many cooks stay in the house?
– Is having an island in my kitchen more functional for me?
– Can I afford moderately high end pieces?
– What type of designs do I want for my cabinets?
– What kitchen equipments will I use (ex. Stoves and Ovens)?
– What materials do I want to see in my kitchen (ex. Marble or granite)?
– How do I want my knobs to look like?
– Do I want my hinges to be visible?
– Should drawer slides be considered?
– What type of sink will I put in my kitchen? Will it match the overall theme?
– How tall do I want my counters to be?
– How high should my cabinets be?
– Is my counter top durable? Scratch free? Presentable? Is it safe for children when they around and hit the edges?
– Is my main focus for the kitchen just for aesthetics or will I actually need to use the area?
– Do I need shelves or do I want my shelves inside the cabinets?
A lot of kitchen cabinets are available on the market today all you just need to know and think of is how you want to your kitchen to mainly look like and most importantly you need to consider your budget. You don’t to have the high end pieces just to have a posh looking kitchen you just need to have a good eye for nice and beautiful things and you will be on your way to that great looking kitchen.
There are cabinets and counter tops that are already almost finished and will just be placed in your kitchen you can consider this or you may want something done exactly as your ‘vision kitchen’. You may also need to consider if you need someone else to do it for you or if you can do it yourself. If you have old kitchen cabinets and counter tops you can consider to have it remodeled, replaced, refaced or refinished (if you are on a very tight budget). Remember to have good shelving in your cabinets if you have old ones that are about to collapse change them now and don’t wait for the day you precious plates increase in number but n small fragments. There are great cabinet organizers available on the market today consider them and see which will work best with your needs. Replace your old hinges specially if your cabinet doors are falling apart or have been there for a century already.
Remember good planning and budgeting is the key for your perfect dream kitchen. Your kitchen cabinets and counter tops are the focal point in every
kitchen it must always look presentable, unique, simple and organized. So research well and put your dreams into reality. After all you will be spending a lot of time and money to put it together and another long hour using it.
Get that dream kitchen. Get the right kitchen cabinets and counter tops.
Stuck on your ‘vision’ for your kitchen? Look at our links for a great range of colour schemes!
About the Author
Lee Dobbins writes for http://cabinets.home-webzone.com where you can learn more about kitchen cabinets and how to make yours look like a million
Posted on June 16, 2012, in Appliances, Design, Interesting Stuff, Kitchens and tagged appliances, cabinets, design, kitchen. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on A Guide To Great Kitchen Cabinets And Countertops.